Fleet Feet No Boundaries Spring 2020
No Boundaries 5K Training
Spring 2020 5K Training
Start Date: January 12th
Goal Race: RVSPCA Tail Chaser 5K
Kickoff Party: Monday, January 6th at 7:15PM at Fleet Feet
Registration: OPEN *Sign up by January 27th to guarantee your shirt size!
Cost of No Boundaries is $90 and that includes 10 weeks of workouts (three times a week). Registration for the RVSPCA Tail Chaser 5K is not included in the cost for this program.
BACK AGAIN THIS YEAR! We are donating half of your registration fee to the Roanoke Valley SPCA. The SPCA is a local non-profit agency that is working to create a community where there are no homeless cats or dogs through the power of adoption, prevention and intervention. In 2018, the Roanoke Valley SPCA helped nearly 1,500 animals to find a home.
JOIN THE CLUB! Sign up for our Fleet Feet Running Club (year-long membership!) and get 20% OFF any and all training programs in 2020 among many other perks!
Training Program Perks:
· Fleet Feet coupon book for the training program season
· Core and strength training (optional) after Thursday workouts
· Clinics focusing on creating a healthier you!
· Mentors and friends to motivate and encourage you to reach your goals at every single workout
· Fleet Feet Training Program Shirt to rep at goal race
· Weekly Newsletters with training plans, training tips and resources, notes from the coach, upcoming events and more.
· being in a group where you will be known by name, treated like family and looked after by people who are truly invested in your success and happiness. We're your new training family!
· Post-Season Party to celebrate completing your goals, comparing your race day experiences and seeing each other in real clothes (& not in sweaty running gear!).
Who is No Boundaries for?
ANYONE! No Boundaries is geared towards anyone who wants to incorporate running or walking into their lifestyle, anyone who wants to start moving, and anyone who is ready to meet new friends and become part of the Fleet Feet family! We do require that all No Boundaries participants be 18 or older. We have multiple pace groups for the 5K Training Program, so whether you’re just getting up off of the couch or wanting to run your first 5K, we have a pace group for you. Fleet Feet has over 10 years of experience in offering an organized and coached 5K running and walking program – if you show up, we will help you reach your goals!
When and where do workouts take place?
No Boundaries meets 3 times a week on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday:
· Tuesday evening workouts are a training run/walk starting at 6PM at the Fleet Feet Pub Run & Walk at Big Lick Brewery on Salem Ave.
· Thursday evening workouts are a training run/walk starting at 6PM at Wasena Park (1113 Winchester Ave).
· Saturday morning workouts are a training run/walk starting at 8AM at Wasena Park (1113 Winchester Ave).
TEST-DRIVE THE FIRST WEEK FOR FREE:
Anyone is welcome to TEST DRIVE a No Boundaries 5K Training workout for FREE the first week of the session before signing up. Please check-in at the Fleet Feet tent when you arrive to fill out a waiver and find your pace group.
When is the Kickoff Party?
Party with us on Monday, January 6th at 7:15pm at Fleet Feet Roanoke, located at 4347 Franklin Rd, Roanoke VA. Come celebrate with games, food and drinks and hear about the training program!
Can you tell me more about the No Boundaries 5K Training pace groups?
All groups will start at 0.75 miles and work up to a 5K (3.1 miles). No Boundaries includes three pace groups:
· Walking – Walkers will walk the entire training program.
· Interval Running (Run/Walk) – Interval Running includes run/walk intervals starting at running for 30 seconds and walking for 2 minutes, and finishing the program at running for 2 minutes and walking for 1 minute
· Running – Running the whole time with no breaks. No Boundaries is all about the distance and having fun, so we don't have specific paces we're hitting!
Here's the great thing: if you start with one group and decide you want more of a challenge, or less, you can change groups! Make sure to talk with Coach Leslie and your mentors for advice! Walkers can move to intervals, runners can move to intervals, intervals can move to walking, etc.
Your safety is our number one priority. With your safety in mind, we have created the below rules and requirements by which all Fleet Feet Running Club participants and mentors must abide.
· All No Boundaries participants must have identification with emergency contact information on them at all workouts.
· Earphones are NOT allowed at workouts.
· Participants must have reflective gear and lights when warranted (most of the Winter training season!)
· Participants must have a hydration system with them during all workouts.
· Participants must stay with a Fleet Feet Training Mentor at all times.
· No strollers at workouts and no children under the age of 18.
· No animals at workouts.
Do we do any races?
The goal race for No Boundaries is the RVSPCA Tail Chaser 5K on Saturday, March 21, 2020. The registration fee for the RVSPCA Tail Chaser 5K is NOT included in the No Boundaries registration cost.
What does the cost of No Boundaries 5K Training go towards?
We are donating half of your registration fee to the Roanoke Valley SPCA. The SPCA is a local non-profit agency that is working to create a community where there are no homeless cats or dogs through the power of adoption, prevention and intervention. In 2018, the Roanoke Valley SPCA helped nearly 1,500 animals to find a home. The remainder of the registration fees goes towards coaching staff, equipment, insurance, and part of the registration goes back to the City of Roanoke to help maintain the Greenways and facilities that we use.
Questions? Contact Coach Leslie!
Group Required Info
Group Special Offers
Let us know how we can make this page better!