Rock Runners (Trail)
Rock Runners Trail Running Group
Interested in adding another element to your running Get off the pavement and head out to explore the beauty of trail running this season. Add another element to your running and enjoy a little tranquility away from the hustle of the city!
Off-road running is good for the body and the soul. Trails don’t pound the legs, the uneven surfaces and hills build leg and lung strength, and they provide a close-up view of Mother Nature at her best. Our 12 week "Rock Runners" program teaches participants how to safely enjoy off-road running and introduces them to different local trails. Each of our coach and mentor supported runs offer workouts for participants of various abilities. Runners should enter the program capable of running at least 4 miles or more on the roads at a pace of 12:00/mile or faster.
Is this the program for you?
This program will if for runners who:
- can run distances of 4 miles or more on the road
- want group support and encouragement
- want product demos and advice from experts in the industry on topics including fueling, hydration, training, etc.
- enjoy running with great people with similar goals
- don't mind getting a little dirty or LOVE it!
- want to embrace an unparalleled running challenge by tackling the trails
- appreciate that trail running is a great core stability workout
- don't mind running without worrying about mileage, time or splits
The Program Details:
- Trail workouts are held on Monday evenings at 6pm
- The group will meet at beautiful Rock Cut State Park (Puri Crest site initially)
- 8k, 16k, and Half Marathon options; pick your distance (longer distances can be discussed with the trail coach). The distance is up to you!
- The goal race is Arbor Trail Race on August 3rd, 2019 (5k, 8k, 16k options)
A portion of the fees will be donated to Keep Northern Illinois Beautiful AND includes a groups specific t-shirt, Fleet Feet check in key tag, various demos and clinics, race discounts, coach and mentor supported runs, great running friends and incredible scenery.
There will be an informational meeting on May 8th at 5:30p.m. to answer all of your questions. This meeting is highly encouraged if you are thinking about joining a group.
Group Required Info
Group Special Offers
Let us know how we can make this page better!