Fleet Feet 5K Finish Fall 2019
Start Date: Monday, September 9th
End Date: Thursday, November 28th (Thanksgiving Day!)
Goal Race: Drumstick Dash 5K
Training Length: 12 weeks
Orientation: Sunday, September 1st 5:15pm at Fleet Feet
Cost of 5K Finish is $90 and that includes 12 weeks of workouts (three times a week). Registration for the Drumstick Dash 5K is not included in the cost for this program.
NEW THIS YEAR! We are donating half of your registration fee to The Rescue Mission of Roanoke! The Rescue Mission of Roanoke is a comprehensive crisis intervention center for men, women, and children. They offer a comprehensive array of services to help people who are burdened by homelessness, disabilities, addictions, and abuse.
! Sign up for the (year-long membership!) and get 20% OFF any and all training programs in 2019 among many other perks! Membership cost is only $15 for the remainder of 2019.
· Fleet Feet coupon book for the training program season
· Core and strength training (optional) after Thursday Speed workouts
· Mentors and friends to motivate and encourage you to reach your goals at every single workout
· Fleet Feet Training Program Shirt to rep at goal race
· Weekly Newsletters with training plans, training tips and resources, notes from the coach, upcoming events and more.
· being in a group where you will be known by name, treated like family and looked after by people who are truly invested in your success and happiness. We're your new training family!
· Private Facebook group for all Fall 2019 Training Program Participants
· Post-Season Party to celebrate your awesome accomplishments and see your training buddies in something other than running clothes!
Who is 5K Finish for?
5K Finish is geared towards those who are already able to run a 5K! We do require that all 5K Finish participants be 18 or older. We have multiple pace groups for the 5K Training Program to help you be prepared for race day. Fleet Feet has over 10 years of experience in offering an organized and coached 5K running and walking program – if you show up, we will help you reach your goals!
What’s the difference between No Boundaries and 5K Finish?
5K Finish will start out training at 2.5 miles, instead of 1 mile, and work their way up to 6 miles. No Boundaries will work their way up to 3.1 miles. 5K Finish only includes one pace group – run/walk intervals. The intervals will be run 2 minutes and walk 1 minute the entire training.
When and where do workouts take place?
5K Finish meets 3 times a week on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday:
· Tuesday evening workouts are a group run/walk starting at 6PM at the Fleet Feet Pub Run & Walk at Big Lick Brewery (409 Salem Ave).
· Thursday evening workouts are a group run/walk starting at 6PM at Wasena Park (1113 Winchester Ave).
· Saturday morning workouts are a group run/walk starting at 8AM at Washington Park (1610 Burrell Ave).
TEST-DRIVE THE FIRST WEEK FOR FREE:
Anyone is welcome to TEST DRIVE a 5K Finish Training workout for FREE the first week of the session before signing up. Please check-in at the Fleet Feet tent when you arrive to fill out a waiver and find your pace group.
When is Orientation?
Orientation will take place on Sunday, September 1st at 5:15pm at Fleet Feet Roanoke, located at 4347 Franklin Rd, Roanoke VA. Come out to learn more about the program, meet the mentors and the coach, hear testimonials from past participants, and get all of your questions answered!
Can you tell me more about the 5K Finish Training pace groups?
All participants will start at 2.5 miles and work up to 6 miles. 5K Finish includes two pace groups:
· Interval Running (Run/Walk) – Interval running includes run/walk intervals running for 2 minutes and walking for 1 minute.
Your safety is our number one priority. With your safety in mind, we have created the below rules and requirements by which all Fleet Feet Running Club participants and mentors must abide.
· All No Boundaries participants must have identification with emergency contact information on them at all workouts.
· Earphones are NOT allowed at workouts.
· Participants must have reflective gear and lights when warranted (most of the fall training season!)
· Participants must have a hydration system with them during all workouts.
· Participants must stay with a Fleet Feet Training Mentor at all times.
· No strollers at workouts and no children under the age of 18.
· No animals at workouts.
Do we do any races?
The goal race for 5K Finish is the Drumstick Dash 5K on Thursday, November 28th, 2019. The registration fee for the Drumstick Dash 5K is NOT included in the No Boundaries registration cost.
What does the cost of 5K Finish Training go towards?
50% of the cost will go to The Rescue Mission of Roanoke, a local non-profit. The Rescue Mission of Roanoke is a comprehensive crisis intervention center for men, women, and children. They offer a comprehensive array of services to help people who are burdened by homelessness, disabilities, addictions, and abuse. The remainder of the registration fees goes towards coaching staff, equipment, insurance, and part of the registration goes back to the City of Roanoke to help maintain the Greenways and facilities that we use.
Group Required Info
Group Special Offers
Let us know how we can make this page better!