Summer Full Marathon Training 2019
Whether you are a seasoned distance runner or a first timer with the goal to finish, our full marathon program is designed to challenge, encourage, and to help you have a healthy training experience as you build up mileage and speed in preparation for the 26.2 Mile Race. Fleet Feet Sports full marathoners will be broken into various pace groups based on running background as well as goals. These pace groups are designed to help you train in a safe and effective manner as you build up your base mileage. The program is designed for runners and run/walkers who can currently run 5 miles. We have an exceptional coaching staff to lead you in your training and create specific training plans to enable you to get the most out of your experience.
Brooks Running is our shoe and apparel sponsor for our Half Marathon training program, which provides additional education and discounts to Brooks items! During our training program we will have a Brooks Educational Gear-Up event for training program athletes to upgrade their gear with Brooks. Each participant will receive $25 in Brooks Bucks to spend on any Brooks item in the store including shoes, apparel, and accessories.
This group will plan to do the Ironclad Half Marathon on October 19 in Kinston, NC as a training race.
- Program Start: July 30th
- Program Length: 16 weeks
- Price: $125
- Early Bird Pricing for $10 off with code "EARLYBIRD" (Available until July 1, 2019)
- FFRC Members get 20% discount!
- Receive $25 in Brooks Bucks to spend on Brooks items during our Gear Up Event
- A Brooks running shirt
- Run nutrition education presented by GU
- Additional educational sessions on Brooks running gear and Feetures socks
- Group Training Days: Tuesdays at 6:00pm and Saturdays at 7:00am
- Goal Race: Outer Banks Marathon
- Although we have set this as our goal race, the program was planned to train anyone with a goal race within the month of November.
Tuesday nights you will be challenged with a combination of hill work, form drills and speed workouts. Designed to help you run faster and more efficiently, you will be amazed with your improved overall fitness from these challenging and fun sessions.
Saturday mornings we will go the distance. Saturday runs will be done at a slower pace to increase the amount of time on your spent on your feet and to encourage a quick recovery. Saturday long runs will be crucial to your success in the race as they help you to build up cardiovascular, muscular, and skeletal strength for the endurance to finish the entire event.
- Must be able to run a 10K without stopping
- Must have some experience with distance running
Please note that for safety reasons this programs will require you to bring water and reflective gear for afternoon training sessions.
Questions? Contact Fleet Feet Sports Run Coach at firstname.lastname@example.org
Group Required Info
Group Special Offers
Let us know how we can make this page better!