Official Ironclad Half Marathon Training 2019
This is the official group training program for the Ironclad Half Marathon in Kinston, NC. We have partnered with the race to offer this program for all athletes who want to train and meet or beat their time for this great half marathon race!
Join the tens of thousands of people who challenge themselves every year to the fastest growing distance race in the country – the half marathon. This terrific 13.1 mile distance is challenging and yet achievable. Our programs target runners, run/walkers and walkers. We have an exceptional coaching staff to lead you in your training. Pace groups, speed work, and specific training plans will enable anyone who can currently run 5 miles to finish their first half marathon or improve over previous performances.
Whether you are a seasoned half marathoner or a first timer with the goal to finish, our half marathon program is designed to challenge, encourage, and to help you have a healthy training experience as you build up mileage and speed in preparation for the 13.1 Mile Race. Fleet Feet Sports Half Marathoners are broken into various pace groups based on running background as well as goals. These pace groups are designed to help you train in a safe and effective manner as you build up your base mileage.
- Program Start: July 30th
- Program Length: 12 weeks
- Price: $100
- Early Bird Pricing for $10 off with code "EARLYBIRD" (Available until July 1, 2019)
- FFRC Members get a 20% discount!
- Receive $25 in Brooks Bucks to spend on Brooks items during our Gear Up Event
- A Brooks running shirt
- Educational presentations shared by our coaching staff
- Additional educational sessions on Brooks running gear
- Educational sessions from and access to a licensed physical therapist with Kinetic Physical Therapy
- Group Training Days: Tuesdays at 6:00pm and Saturdays at 7:00am
- Goal Race: Kinston Mother Earth Half Marathon
- Although we have set this as our goal race, the program was planned to train anyone with a goal race within the month of October.
Tuesday nights you will be challenged with a combination of hill work, form drills and speed workouts. Designed to help you run faster and more efficiently, you will be amazed with your improved overall fitness from these challenging and fun sessions.
Saturday mornings we will go the distance. Saturday runs will be done at a slower pace to increase the amount of time on your spent on your feet and to encourage a quick recovery. Saturday long runs will be crucial to your success in the race as they help you to build up cardiovascular, muscular, and skeletal strength for the endurance to finish the entire event.
Please note that for safety reasons this programs will require you to bring water and reflective gear for afternoon training sessions.
Questions? Contact Fleet Feet Sports Run Coach at firstname.lastname@example.org
Group Required Info
Group Special Offers
Let us know how we can make this page better!