2019 Hoop City Half Marathon Training Program
The 2019 Hoop City Full Marathon Training Program is a 13 week program designed for ALL LEVELS of runners who have previously run at least one 10k road race (recommended, but not required). Long runs begin will begin with a 3 mile run and progress up to a maximum long run distance of 13 miles.
Train for "THE SLAM DUNK CHALLENGE"! The Hoop City Half Marathon, which is on October 6th, also offers a 5k on October 5th. As a participant in our program, you will train to do BOTH the 5k on Saturday and the half marathon on Sunday. As a result, you will receive an additional "challenge medal" for doing both races! (Please note that this is optional - you can choose whether or not you want to do the challenge)
Each week will feature THREE organized training workouts: Tuesdays @ 6PM, Saturdays @ 9AM, and Sundays @ 8AM (7AM when it gets hot!), including form lessons to help participants avoid injury and increase their efficiency. Long runs will feature support stops, including water, an electrolyte beverage, and other goodies. All participants will receive a punch coupon (with TONS of savings!), 15% off your Hoop City race registration(s), weekly motivational and educational eNewsletters, a detailed daily training schedule, optional speed work training, a technical shirt, graduation party and more! Whether it will be your 1st half marathon or your 50th, this program is for you! All paces are welcome.
Where: Fleet Feet Longmeadow
When: Tuesdays @ 6:00 P.M., Saturdays @ 9:00 A.M., and Sundays @ 8:00 A.M. (7:00 A.M. when it gets hot!) - Training begins 7/9/19
How Much: $130 (Works out to only $10 per week or about $3 per session!)
Why: Because you're worth it!!!
IMPORTANT PROGRAM DATES:
- Monday, 7/1/19 @ 6:00 PM - Kickoff / Packet Pickup Night (also an Information Night for those who want to know more before they sign up)
- Tuesday, 7/9/19 @ 6:00 PM - First Tuesday Group Run / FREE "Trial Run" (no obligation, see if the program is for you!)
- Saturday, 7/13/19 @ 9:00 AM - First Saturday "5K" Group Run
- Sunday, 7/14/19 @ 8:00 AM - First Sunday Long Run (starts with 3 miles)
- Saturday & Sunday, 10/5/19 & 10/6/19 - GRADUATION RACE WEEKEND: Hoop City Half Marathon
Group Required Info
Group Special Offers
Let us know how we can make this page better!