2019 Fleet Feet San Diego Fall 5K and Half Marathon Training Program
Our fall training programs are back! Join us as we train for the Girls On The Run 5K and The Holiday Half! This training group is geared towards all ability levels for 5K (even true beginners) and intermediate-advanced half-marathon distances (those that have completed a 10k and/or half marathon before). This is a great way to meet new running buddies, train for a goal as a group, and increase your overall fitness level!
Join our group of friendly, knowledgeable coaches and staff for two weekly workouts, weekly clinics, and bonus events. The training program will kick off on Tuesday, October 1st. Whether you want to train for your first race or you are trying to improve your time, this program for you. All programs will provide challenging workouts whether you choose the completion or performance training plans. Have more questions or want to learn more? Come to an informational meeting on one of the two dates below!
Tuesday, September 24th at 6:15pm
Saturday, September 28th at 8:15am
Weekly Workout Times
Tuesdays at 6:15pm and Saturdays at 8:15am
- We also provide an optional full workout schedule for all non-group training days so that you can keep your weekly mileage.
Group Training Atmosphere
These are fully supported group runs complete with hydration stations, turn-by-turn routes, and our passionate and knowledgeable team of coaches, staff, and mentors. You'll be able to utilize comprehensive weekly newsletters, guest presenters on a variety of topics including nutrition, motivation, injury prevention and more.
GOTR 5K: Sunday, December 8th
Holiday Half: Saturday, December 21st
We use a schedule that is designed to increase evenly and progressively from start to finish. We break it up into three 4-week training phases for a typical training program, each with very specific training focuses:
- Weeks 1-3: Introduction - in these weeks we introduce you to base pace, various workout types, and common themes in running
- Weeks 4-6: Build & Strength - these weeks we will begin to increase weekly mileage, add strength and flexibility training, and focus on consistency
- Weeks 7-9: Sharpen & Lengthen - in this phase, we get confident with our work and perfect what we've done previously
- Weeks 10-Race Week: Recover & Race Prep - the last few weeks of training are dedicated to rest, race planning and staying loose
*Our programs are progressive in nature, with each week building upon the last - slow, steady and consistent!
**Weekday meetups consist of different types of workouts (intervals, hills, fartlek, tempo, plyometrics, and good form running)
***Weekends are for long runs and recovery! We start out with a relatively short distance and slowly but surely build to our goal distance and pace!
Exclusive Discounts and Prizes
Throughout the program you'll have access to in-store discounts on all the essentials you'll need to maximize your training. You'll also earn an exclusive training program technical t-shirt, and we'll have some other special prizes and giveaways throughout the season too!
Half Marathon: $110
- If signing up through Fitvil, use code 5K2019 for $10 off your registration!
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, call us at the store at 858-793-5335, or come by and ask us in person!
Group Required Info
Group Special Offers
Let us know how we can make this page better!