Fleet Feet 13.1 Training Spring 2019
13.1 Finish – Half Marathon Training
Spring 2019 13.1 Training
Start Date: January 21st
Goal Race: Foot Levelers Blue Ridge Half Marathon
Orientation: Sunday, January 13th 5:15PM at Fleet Feet
Registration: OPEN *Register by January 20th to guarantee your shirt size!
Cost of 13.1 Training is $110 and that includes 12 weeks of workouts (two times a week). Registration for the Foot Levelers Blue Ridge Half Marathon is not included in the cost for this program.
NEW THIS YEAR! We are donating half of your registration fee to Roanoke Outside! Roanoke Outside Foundation was officially formed as a 501(c)3 charitable organization in 2013. It is Roanoke Outside’s mission to make outdoor activity and environmental stewardship a core component of our community’s lifestyle by promoting a “conservation through recreation” philosophy.
JOIN THE CLUB! Sign up for our brand NEW Fleet Feet Running Club (year-long membership!) and get 20% OFF any and all training programs in 2019 among many other perks!
NEW for 2019:
· FREE InBody analysis from Carilion Wellness measuring body fat and muscle mass percentage with consultation from a nutritionist and personal trainer. Sign up for InBody analysis at Orientation or contact Coach Leslie for details.
· Special rates for one-on-one consultations with a nutritionist at Carilion Wellness
· Fleet Feet coupon book for the training program season
· Core and strength training (optional) after Thursday Speed workouts
· Clinics focusing on creating a healthier you!
· Free week of gym access at Carilion Wellness
· A WALKING HALF MARATHON TRAINING GROUP!
Other Training Program Perks:
· Mentors and friends to motivate and encourage you to reach your goals at every single workout
· Fleet Feet Training Program Shirt to rep at goal race
· Weekly Newsletters with training plans, training tips and resources, notes from the coach, upcoming events and more.
· being in a group where you will be known by name, treated like family and looked after by people who are truly invested in your success and happiness. We're your new training family!
· Post-Season Party to celebrate completing your goals, comparing your race day experiences and seeing each other in real clothes (& not in sweaty running gear!).
Who is 13.1 Training for?
Anyone who is already able to run at least 4 miles and wants to get ready for 13.1 miles (a Half Marathon). The 12-week 13.1 Training program starts at 4 miles (so you must be able to already run 4 miles comfortably) and builds up to 13.1 miles. We have multiple pace groups for the 13.1 Training program, including walk, run/walk and run. We do require that all 13.1 Training participants be 18 or older.
When and where do workouts take place?
13.1 Training meets twice a week on Thursday and Saturday:
· Thursday evening workouts start at 6PM at Reserve Avenue Fields North, across the street from Carilion Clinic 3 Riverside. Thursday night workouts have a speed/hill/core workout option for those runners looking to increase their speed and strength.
· Saturday morning workouts are a long group run/walk starting at 7:00AM at Reserve Ave.
TEST-DRIVE THE FIRST WEEK FOR FREE:
Anyone is welcome to TEST DRIVE a 13.1 Training workout for FREE the first week of the session before signing up. Please check-in at the Fleet Feet tent when you arrive to fill out a waiver and find your pace group.
When is Orientation?
Orientation will take place on Sunday, January 13th at 5:15pm at Fleet Feet Roanoke, located at 4347 Franklin Rd, Roanoke VA. Come out to learn more about the program, meet the mentors and the coach, hear testimonials from past participants, and get all of your questions answered!
Can you tell me more about the 13.1 Training pace groups?
There are multiple running pace groups for 13.1 Training:
· Walking – Walkers will walk the entire training program.
· Interval Running (Run/Walk) – Interval Running includes run/walk intervals – run 2 minutes, walk 1 minute.
· Running – Running the whole time with no breaks.
o 10-11 minute/mile pace group
o 11-12 minute pace group
o 12-13 minute pace group
The cut off time for the Foot Levelers Blue Ridge Half Marathon is 6 hours which requires a 27:30 pace.
Here's the great thing: if you start with one group and decide you want more of a challenge, or less, you can change groups! Make sure to talk with Coach Leslie and your mentors for advice! Walkers can move to intervals, runners can move to intervals, intervals can move to walking, etc.
Your safety is our number one priority. With your safety in mind, we have created the below rules and requirements by which all Fleet Feet Running Club participants and mentors must abide.
· All No Boundaries participants must have identification with emergency contact information on them at all workouts.
· Earphones are NOT allowed at workouts.
· Participants must have reflective gear and lights when warranted (most of the Winter training season!)
· Participants must have a hydration system with them during all workouts.
· Participants must stay with a Fleet Feet Training Mentor at all times.
· No strollers at workouts and no children under the age of 18.
· No animals at workouts.
Do we do any races?
The goal race for the spring session is the Foot Levelers Blue Ridge Half Marathon. The registration fee for the Foot Levelers Blue Ridge Half Marathon race fee is NOT included in the 13.1 Training registration cost.
What does the cost of 13.1 Training go towards?
50% of the cost will go to Roanoke Outside, a local non-profit with a mission to make outdoor activity and environmental stewardship a core component of our community’s lifestyle by promoting a “conservation through recreation” philosophy. The remainder of the registration fees goes towards coaching staff, equipment, insurance and part of the registration goes back to the City of Roanoke to help maintain the Greenways and facilities that we use.
Questions? Contact Coach Leslie!
Group Required Info
Group Special Offers
Let us know how we can make this page better!