Fleet Feet Sports Pleasanton Race Club 2019
The Fleet Feet Pleasanton Race Club
Are you a fan of and support Fleet Feet? Do you participate in Tri-Valley area races throughout the year? Do you enjoy giving back to the racing community? Are you looking for a fun, supportive, diverse team environment? Joining the Fleet Feet Racing Club may be just what you want!
We meet Sundays at 8am at various Tri-Valley locations. Distances range from 6-26 miles but you can cut it short to suit your needs. While many train for marathons, all distances are welcome. Trail runs and urban fit runs are all part of the fun of Sunday long runs. From January to May, the Fleet Feet Race Club will comprise of primarily trail runs.
Trail Running Session: January-May 2019
Is this program for you? This program will be best for runners of all paces or abilities that...
- can run distances of 6 miles or more (hint: running on a trail for 4 miles equals more than 6 miles on the road.)
- would like to learn to run safely on trails to prevents falls and spills.
- don't want to tackle trail running solo.
- do not mind getting their feet wet or their clothes muddy.
- know trail running can be hard and embrace an unparalleled running challenge.
- appreciate that trail running is a great core stability workout too.
- want to be a kid again and hike up inclines so steep you are forced to walk and descents so tricky that you have to slide on your butt.
- do not obsess about exact mileage or split times, how liberating!
The Trail Running Program Details:
- The program begins with a formal, "no running required" meeting. January 17th, 2019 at 6:30 pm at Fleet Feet
- Trail workouts are held on Sunday mornings at 8am on some of the best trails the Tri Valley has to offer (locations vary week to week).
What is the Fleet Feet Pleasanton Race Club?
The Fleet Feet Pleasanton Race Club is a USAT registered club, comprised of adult runners/walkers and multi-sport athletes of all abilities. Everyone is committed to training, racing and Fleet Feet. This club is about supporting each other no matter pace or distance. We are about having a fit, active lifestyle, and setting and achieving goals. Fleet Feet's goal is to help each team member maximize their ability with year-round training opportunities focusing on local and regional races. Team members support each other, promote our store, demonstrate good sportsmanship, and give back to the running community.
Who can join the Fleet Feet Pleasanton Race Club?
Anyone can join the race club! All abilities welcome. You can run any pace and any distance. We ask that you be dedicated to Fleet Feet and the team.
Why would a person want to join the team?
Members of the race club are able to participate in group workouts on Sundays, enjoy team gatherings, and create a unique niche for themselves within the Tri-Valley running and multi-sport community. Not only do members train together, but they race together as well. Carpooling to events, cheering each other on, and celebrating individual victories are all benefits to team membership. Members also receive a Fleet Feet team singlet or shirt to wear during races.
What do I have to do as a member of the team?
Wear Fleet Feet gear at races, promote Fleet Feet, demonstrate good sportsmanship, & support each other. Fleet Feet Race Club members cannot be a member of any other competitors running club.
How much does it cost?
The dues for 2018 are $60. Membership is January - December. Race club members receive a Fleet Feet technical top, access to our supported Sunday long runs, our private Facebook group, special events. NEW TO 2019 - 10% off Fleet Feet Pleasanton purchases for the year.
Group Required Info
Group Special Offers
Let us know how we can make this page better!