FFRC Winter Warriors 2019
Winter Warriors: Keep FIT. Keep MOVING. Keep WARM
Is it hard for yourself to get out the door on those cold, snowy days? Do you tend to lose your fitness and have to work hard to get it back in time for spring and summer? Want to make winter more exciting with friends and like-minded people, like you? Want to score a PR in your spring races? If you answered “yes” to any of those questions, you belong in the Winter Warriors program - our super fun, low-key, maintenance program that is designed to help you maintain (and even build on) the fitness level that you earned during the summer while it’s cold and dark this winter!
Worried about the cold? Most of our runs start and end at Fleet Feet Sports. When we do run from different locations around town we will share the best tips on how to stay warm and comfortable before, during and after your run. Plus, one day a week we workout indoors to build our strength and speed. New this session: We are teaming up with Charter Fitness! Participants in this session of Winter Warriors will receive access to Charter Fitness while in the program. Charter Fitness will also be hosting our cross training class, tailoring it to muscle groups runners need to work on the most!
- December 4- February 23
- Two Weekly Group Runs: Wednesdays 6:00pm and Saturdays 9:00am
- One Weekly Strength & Cross Training Session at Charter Fitness: Tuesdays 6:00pm
- Cost is $115- includes 3 month membership at Charter Fitness (usually $20 a month), awesome swag, and coupons to use at Fleet Feet Mishawaka.
What You Get
- Fun attendance challenge and laughs with other freezing cold people!
- Post-Saturday run coffee
- FREE customer BOCO Gear winter hat
- Choice of 2 Progressive 12-week Maintenance Schedules (Perfect for Sunburst Base Building)
- 3 Supported Weekly Group Runs / Workouts
- Weekly motivational emails
- Final Pot Luck Breakfast at final Saturday Workout!
- Complimentary 12 week membership at Charter Fitness on Grape Road
- Discounts on continued membership with Charter Fitness after the 12 week program
- Super cool custom Winter Warriors patch upon completion of the program
The Attendance Challenge
- Each Saturday you attend you will earn a prize. If you miss Saturday, you’ll miss the prize. As the weeks go on, the Saturday prize gets bigger and better.
- So, if you want the most prizes, come all 10 weeks and enjoy all the goodies! These fun and useful prizes will keep you motivated to continue training through the winter.
- Earn perfect Saturday attendance (come every week) you will earn the Grand Prize--the biggest and best prize of all.
What about the weather? Occasionally the weather gets really bad--multiple feet of snow and below zero wind chill. In those cases, it’s not safe to be outside (even for Winter Warriors) and we will cancel the group workout via email or the store Facebook page. Be sure to check out our weather policy to have the best understanding of when we cancel and when we tough it out. Also, it is MANDATORY that every participant wears some sort of reflectivity and lights on our Thursday evening workouts. Remember, safety is ALWAYS our number one priority.
Group Required Info
Group Special Offers
Let us know how we can make this page better!