Fleet Feet Sports Pleasanton Spring 2017 10k Training
Welcome to Fleet Feet Sports 10k Training Program.
Have you completed a 5k and want to go further? Our 7 week program is designed for those looking to increase their distance from a 5k to a 10k, looking to improve their 10k time, or someone just looking for a group to run with on those longer distances. Our program uses the run/walk method of training.
Program Dates: April 17th - June 4th, 2017
Orientation Meeting: April 17th at 6:45 pm at Fleet Feet Sports in Pleasanton
Goal Race: You will have two choices! Be sure to register for the race early in the training! For those of you participating in the Spirit Run, we will meet for one more week after the Hook and Ladder.
1. Hook and Ladder on June 4th, 2017 in Livermore. Beautiful course, but this race has some hills.
2. Father's Day Spirit Run on June 18th, 2017 in Pleasanton. This race is much flatter.
Group Workouts: 2-3 days/week. We will have our long runs on Saturday mornings at 8am. You will have 3 opportunities to meet up with the group every week.
- Tuesdays at 6:30pm - Track workout at Pleasanton Middle School for speed intervals
- Wednesdays at 6:30pm - Strength training/stretching class at Fleet Feet Sports
- Saturdays at 8am - Long run, beginning at Fleet Feet Sports (this is the key workout)
- A 7 week written training plan
- 2-3 weekly workouts
- Private Facebook group
- Cool technical training shirt
- Water or Nuun electrolyte replacement at Saturday workouts
- Email support from your coach
- Encouragement, support, and FUN!
Price: $50, does not include race fee!
Program Requirements: You need to be comfortable running or run/walking 3 miles at a 13 minute pace or faster. You should be running 3 times per week, with a total of 6 miles or more, and must not be injured. The first Saturday group workout will be 3 miles! We know if you are comfortable at this distance at the start, you'll have more fun, be less likely to get injured and be successful!
- Limited to 50 participants.
- Registration closes April 24 or when class is full.
- Refunds or exchanges first week of class only.
- Registration fee does not include race entry fee.
- There is no wait list
Questions about the program? Please email the coach at firstname.lastname@example.org
Group Required Info
Group Special Offers
Let us know how we can make this page better!