Fleet Feet Sports Pleasanton Fall 2016 Half Marathon Training
Half-Marathon Training-Fall 2016
Welcome to Fleet Feet Sports Half marathon (13.1 miles) Training Program. This program is friendly for both the first time half marathoner and the person that wants to feel stronger at the finish of their next 13.1. We use the run/walk method of training to help you reach your goals in a non-competitive and fun group environment. The first group long run is 6 miles. A good base will help you to succeed in the half marathon distance.
Goal race: Big Sur Half Marathon, November 13
Workout Times: Group workouts are Tuesday at 6:30pm for either a track or hill workout, and Saturday at 8am for the long run at Fleet Feet.
Program Dates: Tuesday, Sept. 13 - race day, Sunday, Nov. 13
- A 9 week written training plan
- Twice weekly workouts
- Expert coaching by Ethan Falls, level 1 USAT, Good Form Running and Fleet Feet Coach Certified
- Videotaped running form analysis
- Private Facebook group
- Cool technical training shirt
- Samples of nutrition
- Water or Nuun electrolyte replacement at all workouts
- Weekly discussions on running form, nutrition, and hydration
- Email support from your coach
- Encouragement, support, and FUN!
Program Requirements: You must be comfortable running or run/walking 6 miles at a 13 minute pace or faster. You should be running 3 times per week, with a total of 15 miles or more, and must not be injured. This mileage is our first week of training and we increase from there. We know if you are comfortable at this distance at the start, you'll have more fun, be less likely to get injured and be successful!
- No refunds or exchanges after first week of course.
- Limited to 50 participants
- Must be 18 to participate
- Registration fee does not include race entry fee
- No wait list
Group Required Info
Group Special Offers
Let us know how we can make this page better!